2016 Expected to be an Exciting Year for eGourmet & Online Grocery Retailers
Two great articles are making us excited for a very prosperous 2016 for eGourmet and our partners! Online grocery is on the rise!
- Online grocery sales are predicted to grow at a rate of 21.1% annually from 2013-2018, reaching $18 billion/year by the end of 2018.
- 25% of U.S. adults have purchased specialty food and beverages online, compared to 15% for non-specialty food products.
- Subscription prepared meal plans are poised to change the way people shop for food.
- Shipping speed is key for customers, especially for millennials.
- Sustainable practices like responsible fishing, reducing food waste, and compostable packaging as well as health trends like vegan, gluten-free, and paleo-diet will continue to be important for consumers in 2016.
Have a happy and prosperous 2016!